qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OS/2 Bootloader Some weird behaviour of branch instruct

From: Tero Kaarlela
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OS/2 Bootloader Some weird behaviour of branch instruct
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:36:01 +0300

ecs user wrote:

Tero Kaarlela wrote:
Could this be because OS/2 can't handle this much
ram(128mb).

eComStation can do at least 2GB and with updates 4GB
OS/2 Warp4 should be able to handle 256MB

 Well I was talking about OS/2 PowerPC edition (Released december 1995)
During that time Warp V3 could handle 64mb maximum. This was mentioned somewhere in my earlier post.

OS/2 has always been very specific about maximum
memory(ie. versions 1.x can't boot on machines
that report more than 16mb ram. this is one of the
reasons 1.x versions dont boot under Qemu and
thats why many BIOSES have option "boot to OS/2).

Don't use those motherboard BIOS settings with
eComStation or OS/2 Warp4. Leave the BIOS setting at
default - "OS/2 use greater than 64MB = No"

Yes I knew this already(This option is for 1.x OS/2)

Tero