qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Update for supportet OSes

From: elektrohirn
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Update for supportet OSes
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:04:35 +0200

Hello, I just wanted to give some feedback for QEMU's supportes OSes. I've
successfully installed Windows XP Home incl. SP2 within QEMU 0.6.1. I'm
running on AMD64, Gentoo Linux 2.6.11-r6 (64bit). I have an Athlon64 3000+,
1GB RAM (384MB for QEMU) and WinXP runs actually pretty fast, not as fast as
within VMware, but imho it's *very* useable. I got some graphics errors at
first, but these seem to have disappeared after I chose the Windows "classic"
design and 1024x768.

If I can help somehow with more info, some tests etc. please mail me! I'm
really surprised how well QEMU works, congrats for this app!! If it continues
to work that well, I'll say bye to VMware soon :-)

Tom