qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Stupid question?

From: Johannes Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Stupid question?
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:41:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Dieter Schicker wrote:
> How can I mount the "virtual harddisk file" in Linux?
> mount -t vfat -o loop /data/win98.img /mnt/win   fails!
>
> Any suggestions?
Hetz already told us how to do this in his last email...

As to 'why' the above doesn't work: I assume it's because mount expects a
hard disk partition while /data/win98.img is a complete disk (including
the master boot record, partition table, etc), i.e. about 64 extra sectors
at the beginning (depending on disk geometry). Right?

BTW, has anybody worked on making it possible to mount 'cow' images on the
host?

        Johannes