qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Stupid question?

From: Marcello 'R.D.O.' Magnifico
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Stupid question?
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:56:59 +0200

How can I mount the "virtual harddisk file" in Linux?
mount -t vfat -o loop /data/win98.img /mnt/win   fails!

Any suggestions?

If you plan to access just FAT volumes, Mtools are good for this purpose: you can create a unit letter in the /etc/mtools.conf and tell Mtools to use just a partition (partition=1 or such). I do that since I first tried Bochs. Unsure about Debian, but I found sample entries in the mtools.conf itself under RH.

        yo,
        RDO