qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Memory VS Swap Space

From: Jeff Jones
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Memory VS Swap Space
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:08:24 -0500

Hello,

Does the guest OS (in this case Mandrake-10.0) actually use the host
OS' physical memory or is it all done with virtual memory/swap space?
I know that the qemu application uses Mac OSX memory because it's an
application running on OS X.  However, I've noticed that increasing
the memory in the qemu command from 128 to 256 really doesn't have
much of an effect on boot-up or overall performance.

Jeff