qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic

From: Leigh Dyer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:34:05 +1000

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 23:28 -0700, Tim wrote:
> > > I am using the most recent CVS (at least, as of this afternoon), and the
> > > following command line:
> > >
> > > qemu -pci -m 256 -cdrom win2k-install-cd.img -hda win2k-cow.img -boot c
> > > -n "$TUN_SCRIPT"
> > >
> > You're running Windows 2000 with PCI enabled? I didn't think this worked
> > yet - certainly all of my attempts so far to get this running have
> > failed. Did you have to do anything special to get PCI mode working with
> > Windows 2000?
>
> Nope, not really.  I always rip my install media to files, and install
> from there, but other than that, nothing extraordinary.  In fact, I
> installed with the same exact line above off a fairly recent CVS, with
> only the boot option changed to `d'.
*snip*

I haven't had much luck at all yet with Windows 2000 and PCI mode. Every
time I try to install it, the intstaller stops about half-way through
the hardware probe and refuses to go any further, though the machine is
still active (I can click in and move the virtual mouse, etc.). Trying
to boot a Win2k machine that I installed in ISA mode fails with an
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, presumably because it can't find the ISA
hard-drive controller it was installed using.

I'm giving it another go now - if I have any luck, I'll let the list
know.

Thanks
Leigh