qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:49:20 +0300

Hi,

I just started to use the -pci switch with win98 as a guest..

everything detected correctly and cirrus logic graphics seems much faster then with the old graphics driver - however there are paiting bugs (see screenshot URL at the bottom of this page)

The Network card is being detected correctly, but it seems I cannot get an IP. All I get from Windows "winipcfg" after clicking "renew is": Error DHCP Server Unavailable: Renewing adapter "" (and the IP remains: 169.254.123.23)

I tried with and without Renzo's patch, doesn't seem to change anything. I'm using QEMU CVS from tonight...

URL for the screenshot: http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/win98-net-bug.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hetz