qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Changing RTC from UTC to local time

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Changing RTC from UTC to local time
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:23:53 +0200

I can think of a few cases where I would want to set this behavior on
a case-by-case basis, for example, running an OS that was installed
on real hardware originally.

Kyle sent me a description of what he is running on QEMU off the list
and after reading that I agree that there are some situations where you
definitely want your RTC to be UTC. Not your typical desktop use, so local RTC should be default, but UTC RTC has its uses.

As for a cluttered command line.. yes, I agree it is getting
cluttered.

I would code up a command line option for the RTC time zone, but for now
I will wait and see if there is any consensus regarding some
configuration file. It would be much better to have one IMHO.

- Bartosz