qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Changing RTC from UTC to local time

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Changing RTC from UTC to local time
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:12:00 +0100

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:51:03PM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Before there is support for a configuration file, I can add a default
> mode where QEMU scans the partition table and switches to localtime if
> the boot partition is of FAT type

Sounds like overkill,  and won't always give the correct result.

i.e.  my laptop boots from a FAT fs,  but only has Linux on it.

The FAT fs simply being used as a simple boot / recover FS.

I believe that plan 9 does a similar thing (9fat fs == FAT),
with a FAT based boot filesys.

I've certainly seen other OS's that take a similar approach.

So I'd suggest that the offered patch be chosen - but simply
pick if you want local or UTC as the default.

DF