qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu current (was: qemu vga.c)

From: Nicolas Ollinger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu current (was: qemu vga.c)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:11:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> It is currently fast enough to have a usable PC emulator. Many DOS games
> are usable. It should be faster than the bochs emulation but slightly
> slower than the dosemu one. This VGA emulation code is more accurate
> than either bochs or dosemu (all VGA modes, including non standard ones
> (i.e. the ones not supported by int $0x10) should work), but of course
> more testing is needed.

I unsucessfuly tried to boot qemu -current.

  qemu : today curent cvs snapshot
   sdl : SDL 1.2.5 fresh copy
  bios : BIOS-bochs-latest and VGABIOS-lgpl-latest from bochs-2.0.2
images : * freedos 10meg image from bochs repository
         * dlx linux 10meg image from bochs repository
         * vl-test kernel and image

When using i386-softmmu/vl I get nothing more than a blank SDL window.
When using i386/vl I get always the same message :
mmap failed when mapped physical address 0x00000000 to virtual address
0x00000000

Am I missing something ?
Is there some working disk image available somewhere ?

Cheers,
Nicolas.