Re: Regarding hello world program for ARM M7 (s32k312) using qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Regarding hello world program for ARM M7 (s32k312) using qemu
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:31:57 +0100

On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 at 15:09, abhijit patil <patilabhijit180@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it have for ARM M7 any board?...I read somewhere that if you have latest
> version 5 for qemu then it supports the ARM M7 machine...is it right?...and
> if yes where can we download the same and the programs and other things for
> ARM M7 using qemu

Yes, QEMU supports the Cortex-M7; the machine using it is the
mps2-an500 (which is a model of an FPGA image for an Arm
development board).

We (ie the upstream QEMU community) provide QEMU in source
code form. You can find more information about compiling it
here: https://www.qemu.org/download/
Or if you're running a Linux distro it's probably more
convenient to use the distro-packaged QEMU.

Generally we do not try to provide support for how to build
and run guest binaries -- there are too many possible
development environments and target boards and so on for
that. We provide the emulated hardware, you have to bring
the software :-)

thanks
-- PMM