pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:09:07 +0100

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 08:37, NICOLOVICI Xavier wrote:
> Hi Julien,

Hi Xavier.

> A few answer to your comments.
>
> When I mean adapt, it means "make it work". Apply the patch I've sent and run
> the app, you'll see that CreateTask and EditTask fails as they use the old
> ScheduleList class. There is nothing more to do.

Yes, I've seen that after testing the patch. I have attached a fixed
version of the patch. It should fix all those problems.

> I've proposed to limit task to the CmdLineTask one for the 0.1 release, sorry
> if this was unclear. I agree that others should be autodetected, but for the
> first 0.1, let keep things simple.

OK, that's fine for me.

> Description of the Task should be definitely forgotten for the moment. As
> I've already said, the crontab file must remain standard, we must not rely on
> any comments in it for our GUI, at least for the moment. This is something
> that we might discuss in the future. Remember, my first objective is to
> quickly get a GUI to edit Cron and At tasks without messing up the crontab
> files with address@hidden specific entries.

OK, it's one the TODO list for the future then.

> Saving the SchedulerListStore means also "activating" changes to the system,
> if not then it's useless ;-)
>
> Julien, I let you hack on the GUI then, I will work on the saving and
> activating system.

Please try the attached patch. Most of the problems should already be
fixed in it.

> Thanks to all for your help,

You're welcome :)

--