pyatcron-devel-list

Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: Re: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Complete rewrite of the mainwin module
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:14:59 +0100

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:28, NICOLOVICI Xavier wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi

> I've mostly completly rewritten the mainwin.py module to use our new
> ScheduleListStore object.
> Quickly, major changes are:
>
> - ScheduleList class and lib.schedulelist module not needed anymore, should
> be removed from CVS
> - lib.mainwin module code is now lighter, no more sync stuff between
> ScehduleList and TreeView

Sounds great !

> What's next on GUI:
> - Adapt create task and edit task properties code

What do you mean by "adapt" ? The task property code is already pulled
from the task type class (both in properties and in the assistant). All
we really need is to create a common scheduler widget (to set the time
of the task), and to create more task type classes. Or am I
misunderstanding you ?

> - Limit the create task action to creating command line Task

Or, better, find a way to auto-detect available task type classes...

And I'd add that we need to add a way to set a description for the tasks
(in the properties and in the assistant). This description should then
be put back in the crontab file using comments.

> What's next on core system:
> - Code the saving method of the ScheduleListStore and link it to the
> mainmenu_save event

Obviously. And perform the "crontab" command on the modified file to
"activate" it.

> When this will be done, I think that we might be ready to release a 0.1
> release. What do u think guys?

I agree.

> Please let me know on what you would like to work before I start doing
> something.

Like always, I'd like to do the GUI-related stuff :)

> You'll find attached a patch for those changes, build against the latest CVS
> tree.

:)

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>