pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Explanation on the cron time entries(Was: Some

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Explanation on the cron time entries(Was: Some comments on Brian code)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:56:54 +0000

> Yes, this sounds good.
>
> One remark though, how will you set up Cron or At to start a job at a
> specific date and repeat it every XX minutes? Starting at a specific date is
> an At feature, and repeat it is a Cron one.
>
> One of the way I see would be to plan a PyAtCron task for At, planed to run
> at a specific date, which launch a PyAtCron script that runs the job and set
> the recursive entry in the user crontab file. But I think that this kind of
> feature might be available in Python release 2. What do you think?
>
> In my plan, I'm thinking of having a first PyAtCron release that maps Cron
> and At features into a GUI, no less, no more. Of course, a wizard screen is
> welcome, but shouldn't make things more complicated.
> Then, in future release, we might introduce such above task schedule (planing
> a Cron job with a At PyAtCron script).

Well maybe the dialog could say:

 (*) run the task once on [  ]/[  ]/[    ]

 ( ) run the task every [XXX] |seconds|
                              |minutes|
                              |hours  |
                              |days   |
                              |months |
                              |years  |

 ( ) run on specific dates:
     ...and there you specify dates by checking the dates you want

As you can see in my beautiful ascii-art GUI, the 3 options are in a
radio box, so they are mutually exclusive.

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>