pspp-users

Re: logistic regression having problems with categorical variables

From: Werner
Subject: Re: logistic regression having problems with categorical variables
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 10:53:44 +0000 (UTC)

http://i.imgur.com/W5Q4lTI.png

> actual result in pspp: http://i.imgur.com/IEyOUnO.png
>
> 7) possible reason: pspp ignores the measure indicator of the variable. it
treats rank as a continuous
> variable.
>
> 8) this is a long term problem and it exists since the function is
available in pspp. did not report it as was
> unable to confirm the expected result from SPSS.
>
> 9) interestingly, if this file is imported in R and logistic regression
analysis done, expected result
> takes place.
>
> pspp version: psppire 0.8.5 (problem present since logistic regression
function added in PSPP)
> uname -a:Linux som 4.2.0-21-generic #25~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 3
13:55:58 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> regards,
>
> som

Dear Som,

please try to run the analysis by using the syntax and not from the menu:

logistic regression admit with gre gpa rank
   /categorical = rank.

Then PSPP should produce the same results as SPSS. I have tried it.

Hope I could help.

Werner