pspp-users

Re: Get File command brings up correct data, but called Dataset1

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Get File command brings up correct data, but called Dataset1
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:23:08 +0200

2012/4/26 Jill Covert
[snip]
> Maybe that was the problem--I don't remember now if it was open or not.
>>

>> >My other question is how do I know if I've already uploaded the most
>> > current build? Is it somehow reflected in the version name?
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by "uploaded". You can check the installed
>> version of PSPPIRE by clicking with the right mouse button on
>> PSPPIRE.EXE and look for the properties.
>

> What I'm wondering is if, for example, I can't remember what the latest
> build is that I've downloaded/installed(?), is there a way for me to find
> out--is it reflected in the properties of the installed version of PSPPIRE?

Yes several.

The generic approach on every OS is:
- start psppire
  - click on "help"
    "click" on "info"
then the version is showed.

On MSWindows there is also the possibility to go to the PSPPIRE.EXE
file. Ask for the properties (right mouse button) and then "details".
This shows a lot of information on the version installed like the
product version including whether it is a 32 or 64 bits version you
installed and the date it was compiled. This date is identical to the
date in the filename you downloaded.

> Sorry to have troubled you. In the future I'll be sure to include a .sav
> file with the syntax.

No problem.

> Thanks,
> Jill