pspp-users

Get File command brings up correct data, but called Dataset1

From: Jill Covert
Subject: Get File command brings up correct data, but called Dataset1
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:11:46 -0700

Hi,

I'm working on merging datafiles with Windows version PSPPIRE.exe 0.7.9-g656fc4 and am having the following issues:

1) When I use GET FILE in my syntax, the file with the data I want comes up, but it is named Datafile1 instead of the actual file name of what I opened--thus I have to overwrite the original file every time.

2) SAVE OUTFILE command also does not save with the proposed file name. It does save a datafile with that name--it just isn't the active file.

3) The program is consistently crashing--on an increasing level--both on my laptop with Windows 7 and my work computer--Windows XP. I noticed this when I started using GET FILE, FILE HANDLE, MATCH FILES and SAVE OUTFILE commands.

An example of syntax causing MinGW Runtime Assertion crash:

MATCH FILES
    /FILE='R:\evaluation\CBO exchange study\Data\IRC\1 Pre-training\INTP.sav'
    /IN=respid_oe
    /SORT
    /FILE='R:\evaluation\CBO exchange study\Data\IRC\4 30-day/INT30.sav'
    /IN=respid_cw
    /SORT
    /BY respid
    /KEEP=RespID Manager Org CoeCut ColCut DetCut EvaCut CW01 CW02 CW03 CW04 CW05.
SAVE OUTFILE= 'R:\evaluation\CBO exchange study\Data\Merged Data\INTPOE-INT30CW.sav'.

I have Henry's most recent Windows build from 04/11/12. Although I was getting errors when trying to download the build yesterday on both computers ("error opening file for writing--Abort, Retry or Ignore/Skip file"--and a .dll file name), I was successful today. My other question is how do I know if I've already uploaded the most current build? Is it somehow reflected in the version name?

Thanks, as always, for your help.
Jill

We know how to organize warfare, but do we know how to act when confronted with peace?

    -- Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910-1997)