pspp-dev

Re: Update

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Update
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:43:01 -0600

Andy,

The functionality works with subcommand option "CLUSTER" it's just reported incorrectly in the manual. This is my test script:

QUICK CLUSTER x y
  /CRITERIA=CLUSTERS(2)
  /PRINT=INITIAL CLUSTER.

I imagine the manual will be fixed in an upcoming release but I don't know when that will be.

Also, it might be worth noting that the only way to generate the syntax above is to choose Analyze > K-Means Cluster > ... and then to paste the syntax and add the PRINT subcommand manually.  That is, you can generate this from the dialog:

QUICK CLUSTER  x y
    /CRITERIA=CLUSTERS(2).

You need to put your cursor before the ending period and add the PRINT subcommand:

QUICK CLUSTER  x y
    /CRITERIA=CLUSTERS(2)
    /PRINT=CLUSTER.

I don't know how hard the GUI (PSPPIRE) code is to modify, but I'd like to take a look at configuring the PRINT subcommand in the dialog someday when I have a Linux machine that supports it (my Centos 6.x machine does not).

-Alan