pspp-dev

SPSS vs PSPP

From: Rodolfo Martinez
Subject: SPSS vs PSPP
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 13:24:26 -0500

To whom it may concern:

My name is Rodolfo Martinez and I am the Executive Director of Ontario Immigrant Network. We are a non-profit dedicated to grass roots research on immigrant integration issues. We are currently carrying out a large research project which will require a large amount of statistical analysis.  When originally planning out our budget, we factored in the cost of SPSS.  However, my background with using GNU/Linux over the years led me to think of open-source equivalents for some of the software that we use.

Obviously, this has brought me to you. So far, it seems that PSPP would suit us perfectly. Over the next year, I would like to run a comparison of how PSPP stacks up vs SPSS in our "real world" applications to see if we could maybe share this with other non-profits doing similar projects.  I was wondering if from time to time someone from your organization may be interested in offering help/pointers, and if you would be interested in our findings at the end of our year long project.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Rodolfo Martinez