pspp-dev

Re: Pre release for the cygwin/windows setup. Tests needed.

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Pre release for the cygwin/windows setup. Tests needed.
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:05:35 -0400

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:59:28PM +0200, unknown-1 wrote:
> I just uploaded a Cygwin version of the latest pspp pre release..
> http://rapidshare.de/files/39472431/PSPP-0.6.0.Pre3a-5-Setup.zip.html
>
> Anybody who has time. Feel free to test it.

It worked well.

The only problem I had was that it didn't like being installed
in the usual c:/Program Files. I really hate spaces in filenames,
but I installed it there anyway since that's where a lot of
programs are installed on Windows. psppire gave the error that it
couldn't find the file 'c:/Program', so I guess the space isn't
being quoted when it starts.

Everything did install in c:/Program Files.

I installed it in the default c:/Cygwin, and it ran great.

-Jason