pspp-dev

[patch #6210] Make viewport {width, length} under direct ownership of th

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [patch #6210] Make viewport {width, length} under direct ownership of the user interface
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 04:22:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #6210 (project pspp):

John wrote:
> ...in that case set_fallback_viewport does nothing. But perhaps it
> should be refactored to make the code more intuitive.

I see.  Yes, it could be a little more obvious.

> > I'd be happy to code one for you.
> Please do so.

OK, I will try to get around to it soon.

>Ben wrote:
> > I assume that only the ascii driver cares about terminal size?

John replied:
> Now that you mention it, it needs a bit of thought. The manual for
> 'that other software' says "These two subcommands apply only to text
> output". So it seems that it shouldn't apply to postscript or html
> drivers. In the case of an interactive PSPP session, there are two
> drivers active --- one going to the terminal, the other to pspp.list
> Common sense says that resizing the terminal should only affect the
> dimensions of the terminal output. So maybe we need to think about
> this a bit more.

I was planning to implement it in the ascii driver by allowing ascii
driver options "length" and "width" to take the keyword "terminal" as
value, instead of an (possibly macro-expanded) integer.  If "terminal"
is used, then that dimension adapts itself to the current size of the
terminal.  This would gracefully handle the case you point out above.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?6210>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/