Re: [Protux-devel] protux /libmustux 0.19.4 are out

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] protux /libmustux 0.19.4 are out
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:25:08 +0200

Luciano,

I've send this mail allready yesterday, but it seems my mail client wasn't
properly configured.
If you receive the old mail, ignore it and read this one instead please.

<snip from old mail>
Just to let you know, I compiled the latest libmustux with the 'realtime
scheduling', and used SUID to set protux execution with root permission to
enable RTS.

It locked up my computer twice  :-(, and the only thing I could do was
rebooting, ending up with a corrupted file-system. *sigh*
There was a high CPU load (compiling protux, and using protux with RTS at the
same time) and thats probably why it all goes wrong. But it shouldn't have
happened!!

I'll spare you the details getting my system up and running again, but I
strongly suggest to not use RTS but only a HIGHER scheduling priority (Not
realtime)
</snip>

I'm using Debian unstable, and Qt3.2.1 is now the qt version in unstable. So
I'm using this version now.
I'll do some experimenting with QThread::Priority() to see if it works, I'll
let you know about my experiences with this.

I've the feeling Qt3.2 is faster at least for drawing text, and also
repainting the Widget seems faster.
Only small problem for now, is that the TrackPanelArea is to width again.
Where can I set the width for the TPA??
Don't know if this has something to do with this qt version or not.

That's it for now,

Greetz and enjoy using this (almost) rock stable dev. version of protux ;-)

Remon