Re: [Protux-devel] Multiple threads

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Multiple threads
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:57:17 -0300

> I want to serialize these threads, and my suggestion was (didn't you
> receive my email about this Luciano??) to make a ThreadControl class who
> takes care of the amount of runnning threads, maybe the possibility to

Surely this is a good idea. Mixer is doing such function right now, by starting
independent
threads .

But each thread is related to a armed BUS no armed track. So if you have
assigned 4 armed tracks
from 4 different buses, you will get for independent threads.

> give certain threads a lower/higher priority, and the maximum allowed
> running threads of the same kind.

The priority matter is not important, since protux is supposed in RTC mode ,
where all threads (and child threads)
have the maximum priority from the kernel, reducing the latency problem and
going sync'ed through recording process.

> Each class who wants to start a new thread has to ask the ThreadControl
> class....
> Well, that's an implementation question, don't know if a new thread has to
> be started in the ThreadControl class, or just ask ThreadControl to get
> permission to start a thread, or.....
>
> I'm back online at monday, 8 o'clock pm (GMT + 1)
>
> Have a nice weekend,
>
> Remon

Best Regards
--
Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer
Free Software Evangelist - Project Mustux - Musician Tools for GNU/Linux