Re: [Protux-devel] Open Task

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Open Task
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:05:03 -0400

> For split at postion 2367782, the position is calculated in samples ?

No. it is given in "blocks". A block is a cell of all samples for a given
position.

Example : if the file is stereo 16bits, block 0 is the audio bytes 0,1,2 and 3,
and block
1 is 4,5,6 and 7, on so on...

you can calculate the "byte" position of a praf file by this :

bytePosition = blockPosition * audio->get_block_size() +
audio->get_header_size().

> What
> should the file naming policy be ? mysong_1.praf and mysong_2.praf ? or _a
> and _b ?

any of these are ok for me.

> Another perhaps usefull option: -e for extract.
>
> $praf -e 23445- outfile.praf mysong.praf
> extract audio from position 23445 to the end to outfile.praf
>
> $praf -e -23445 outfile.praf mysong.praf
> extract audio from begining to position 23445 to outfile.praf
>
> $praf -e 3456-5432 outfile.praf mysong.praf
> extract audio from position 3456 to position 5432 to outfile.praf
>
> /Martin

cool :-)

it would be a good idea if I could something like

praf audio.praf | oggenc -b 320 -o audio.ogg

is it too dificult ? does oggenc support reading from stdin ?

--
Best Regards