[Protux-devel] testing 0.17.5

From: Valery Beluntsov
Subject: [Protux-devel] testing 0.17.5
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:43:58 +0400

Dear Luciano,
I tried to test 0.17.5 and got hte following:

address@hidden proc]$ protux

*** Error in int MustuxAudioDeviceMapper::init(int)
Cannot open /proc/asound/cards for reading ( maybe busy or no read permission
? )

Thank you for using Protux !

As I may understand there is no ALSA working on my system, but I noticed that
ALSA player (e.g,) is working fine. SO, is it possible ALSA to work without
/proc/asound/cards ?

And one more question --- could I compile protux on ASP Linux system (now I
have ASP9, it is very much like RH9 and based on RH), and then run it on
Mandrake 9.1? (On Mandrake I have ALSA working but no compiling stuff
installed).

WBR,
Valery

--