Re: [Protux-devel] --enable-debug seems not to be working

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] --enable-debug seems not to be working
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:14:39 +0200

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:28:43 -0300
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to fix some segfaults in current CVS but apparently I cannot
> configure with --enable-debug=yes
> I mean , configure accepts it but no -g is added when compiling sources...c
>
> is there some change on this ?

didn't know this option... it's probably a built-in option.
Did this option work before ? In this case it's possibly due to your automake
version that handles differently the CXXFLAGS option... so the -g may get lost.
Or this option never worked before...

Anyway, i adapted the configure.ac and Makefile.am files to work with automake
1.7.x. As you use this version, i switched to it as well (only changes in
libmustux commited yet, Protux is still under testing).

The funny stuff is that when i compile (with the modified version), the -g
option is always present, even when i don't give the --enable-debug=yes
option...

Try again with newest CVS configure script, as some thing have changed...
Otherwise just set the environement variable $CXXFLAGS to -g, the new Makefile
won't override it as it did before (thanks to the new AM_CXXFLAGS variable).

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Satellite - BAR CONCERTS CAFES-THEATRES
-> http://sat.epfl.ch