[Protux-devel] Fw: protux - what is working/not working in 0.16.0

From: Martin Herren
Subject: [Protux-devel] Fw: protux - what is working/not working in 0.16.0
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:26:51 +0100

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:46:10 +0100
From: Olaf Meltzer <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: protux - what is working/not working in 0.16.0

Hello Martin,

these are my experiences with protux-0.16.1-mh. First
impression: looks like a real professional tool without
enoying eyecandy. The idea of JMB sounds good, but maybe

Perhaps it is worthy for you to here, what really is working
so far on my machine. I copied your spartanic helpfile and
placed appropriate annotations:

BASIC COMMANDS
=================

Help : <H>
       OK

Open/Import Audio (Project Manager) : <FS>
       OK
       I managed to ...
       import .wav-files for my exercises,
       name and save the project.
         While import goes on, the LED-digits of the
         percentage counter are damaged (only parts appear)

Play/Stop : <SPACE>
       OK

Touch : <LEFT_CONTROL>
       NO!
       This is <LEFT_SHIFT>

nTouch : n..<LEFT_CONTROL>
       NO!
       This is <LEFT_SHIFT>

Go to begin : <HOME>
       OK

Modifying Gain of track:  ^TP[G] + UD
       OK

Modifying Pan of track:  ^TP[P] + LR
       OK

Horizontal Zoom : [Z] + LR
       OK

Split Clip : ^C<X>
       OK

Drag Clip everywhere : ^C[D]+LRUD
       OK

Copy Clip : ^C[C]+LRUD
       OK

Mute/Unmute a clip : ^C<U>
       OK

Mute/Unmute a track : ^#<U>
       OK

Solo/Unsolo a track : ^#<O>
       OK

Set/Unset a track recordable : ^#<R>
       NO!
       (see Record)
       You wrote:
         This action have no effect at the moment.
         The recording will be done in the active
         (touched) track.
       This is NOT true (till now)

Record : <R SPACE>
       NO!
       You wrote:
         This start a recording in the touched track at the actual
         position (last 'touched' position == Work Cursor).  To
         stop recording press again <R SPACE>.

       Touching a track is OK, but I was not able to record
       on any touched or untouched track.

Modify/Move Clip edges

        ^C[E] + LR
          OK

        ^C[ER] + LR
          OK

        ^C[EW] + LR
          OK

        ^C[WR] + LR
          OK

Select a clip : ^C<S>
          OK

Delete a clip : <<XC>>
          OK
          Default time-window for double-press is perhaps to
          narrow

            You can also delete a clip by drag it outside
            the Multitrack Area
          OK

Render Song : <<ENTER>>
          to .praf
          OK
          to .wav
          OK

Global Properties Dialog : <<P>>
          OK
          I was able to change something and to save the
          changed properties.

Quit Protux : <<ESC>>
          OK

Cancel : <ESC>
          NOT ALLWAYS
          <FS>-dialog: OK
          <<P>>-dialog: NO!
          Are there any other dialogs now?

Thats it.

My mostly missed features to implement next were:

- Timeline
- Fades in/out (left/right-clipborders)
- Crossfade (overlapping clips in same tracks)
- Individual clip-volume (clipceiling)

If they already exist, how can I reach effects and
mixer-panel. While compiling I could read tons of mixer and
filter/effect related stuff. Is anything from those moduls
ready and working?

How can I reach them? In your helpfile you mentioned <<JM>>
to open a more indepth JogMouseBoard Map. This is not
working.

So far -- Olaf Meltzer

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch