Re: beta testing comments

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: beta testing comments
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:58:02 +0100

On Friday 01 November 2002 13:04, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> I don't think doing all the actions in Pause is bad at all, the goal of
> Lemmings was to complete the level using logic, the fact that you needed
> logic AND pixel perfect timing in my opinion did not add to the game, if I
> wanted fast reactions I'd play Quake. A challenging level should be just as
> hard even with Pause mode.

I think leaving Pause as is would be best. It doesn't prevent people from
designing levels where you need to be fast when you don't use pause. If some
players choose to make things easier by using pause that's not my problem. If
people want to cheat - let them, it's easy. In Pingus you even have the
levels as .xml and may add a few actions. I wouldn't get much fun out of the
game afterwards but I'm not everyone.

> Obviously. Does Multiplayer work yet? Does it exist? Or is this just a
> Windows thing?

It's planned to be added at some time. But it'll definitely be hard to do
this.

Bye David