Re: Monthly IRC Meetings?

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Monthly IRC Meetings?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:31:24 +0100

On Monday 28 October 2002 10:27, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> Depends a bit on how much we have to discuss. I am quite a lot in
> #pingus on irc.freenode.net (formerly irc.openprojects.net) and are
> reachable via ICQ and Jabber, so short term discussions shouldn't be a
> big problem.

I like the ideas of ICQ meetings and it's quite equal to me wheter they are
once a month or more often. Perhaps something like once per month on a
regular basis or at some other date if there's need to discuss something (to
be requested on the list a few days before).

> Anyway, I would suggest we start with a first meeting next weekend, I
> would suggest Saturday, 2. Nov. 18:00 GMT[1], IRC channel #pingus at
> irc.freenode.net. Any other wishes for a time or date?

In general the time won't pose a problem for me but I'll not be reachable from
1. to 3. Nov. Since it's highly unlikely that there are times when everyone
is available (not to forget time zones) it's probably best to post the result
of the discussion to the list afterwards.
In between I'm reachable via ICQ and Jabber if not as often as Ingo.
(address@hidden or search for torangan in ICQ)

Bye David