Re: Climber bug

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Climber bug
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:39:37 +0100

> Subject: Re: Climber bug
> From: Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden>
> Date: 25 Oct 2002 17:07:22 +0200

> Jorrit Tyberghein <address@hidden> writes:
> > But I discovered another bug which is easily reproducable on my
> > system. I just start the headbang.xml level. Then I make convert a
> > few pinguins to Climbers and let them crawl outside the pit. Then I
> > don't touch them anymore. After a while they start climbing the big
> > column on the right. It appears that one in two times they climb
> > this column on the wrong side (i.e. they appear INSIDE the solid
> > column instead of walking on the surface).
>
> I can reprocude it, haven't seen it before and can not imediatly see
> what the cause could be, I have filled a bugreport and look later into
> it in more detail.

Found what the problem was, and it is easy to reproduce.  If a Pingu was
facing left when you click on it to make it into a climber, it will
forever more climb a wall as if it were walking up it from the left-hand
side.  If the Pingu was facing right when you click on it, it will forever
more climb a wall as if it were walking up it from the right-hand side.

Attached is the patch.

Thanks,
Gervase.