Re: Check sum - CRC

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Check sum - CRC
Date: 24 Oct 2002 02:33:28 +0200

"Neil Hotmail" <address@hidden> writes:

> In system.cxx/hxx it says the checksum function "should be replaced
> with CRC or MD5", I have a CRC implementation knocking around from
> my previous work with .zip files, do you want me to replace the
> existing one with this one?
>
> The .zip requirements were slightly different, so it operates on a
> buffer fed through at random times, but modifying it to work with
> pingu's, just replacing checksum, would be easy.

Yep, your CRC stuff could be usefull, but place the CRC stuff in a
seperate file, not in the System class there is already to much cruft
there.

Currently we don't use the checksum thing nowhere really, but it could
be quite helpfull for verifying savegames and such in the future.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927