Re: gfx dudes ahoi!

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: gfx dudes ahoi!
Date: 26 Sep 2002 00:18:44 +0200

bastian salmela <address@hidden> writes:

> I myself, was thinking of redoing some of the mainmenu graphics
> (penguins nd buttons) and other GUI stuff (menubackgrounds), in
> blender3d...

Yep, menu and gui in general really needs a redesign, I find the
current one much worse than the old 0.4 one:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/pingus-menu-0.4.jpg

Especially since the current one doesn't match the overall look of the
game (to bright, other style, etc). So overall I think something in a
similar look like the 0.4 menu is needed, probally with better
animated buttons. I also would like to integrate the logo again, I
kind of like it.

> and then, perhaps some of those level-backgrounds, you know, that
> come right before the actual gameplay.. like the " vulcano
> island"-scene.

They also need to get done, but at the moment I am not sure what we
need there (which themes, how many, etc.). I would also like to keep
them in 'painted' look, like this:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/ice3-1.jpg

A few more are in the todo:

 * http://pingus.seul.org/todo/index.html

Basically we need one for each part of the world (since pingus are
traveling around the world) and a few special case scenarios (space,
pacman, something like the stars world in Mario World, etc.).

About this coordination thing, hm, not sure. Tobias any preferences on
what stuff you would like to work?

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927