[Phpgroupware-developers] Resources (was XSLT-version)

From: Alessandro Farina
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Resources (was XSLT-version)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:11:34 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alessandro Farina <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:10:32 +0100
To: Dave Hall <address@hidden>

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:16:40 +1000, Dave Hall

<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 02:38, Alessandro Farina wrote:
> > Hi,
> > first of all: I LOVE phpgw!
>
> So do I :)
>
> > Maybe I've worked really a little on the phpgw, but I want to express
> > a suggestion too.
>
> I know that you and your colleagues have been doing some good things
> with phpgw.  All contributors are welcome to take part in this
> discussion.
Thanks :)

<!- clip ->

> > I suggest not to look to evolution or nextgen, or better, to consider
> > any evolution only if it's strictly needed by technology 'jumps' (es.
> > php 5).
> >

> I must disagree here.  This attitude is what lead to 16 still having
> huge amounts of php3 compatiable code.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I said to work on enhancements, as php5, Mysql
4/5 and so on, but not to follow up every little new technology.

<!- clip ->

> > The most important thing, in my opinion, is to obtain a framework,
> > with a certain nuber of apps, that is useful, stable, easy to develop.
> >

> I would like to see they concept of the phpgw core expanded from just
> the api to an integrated PIM suite, with extra plugins.
OK!

> Now comes the question, what resources are you willing to commit to this
> plan?  I hear a lot of great ideas from people, but ideas don't become
> apps by themselves ;)
Once the coordinators have decided, I can:
1) manage some bugs on one ore more apps (es. projects);
2) write down some user/dev docs;
3) use my company to sponsorize some apps or some features to add to any app;
4) once ready, I could host a app :) my little php_son.
My only problem is that sometimes I'm filled up with my company's work
and then I can't work on anything else. :(

> > P.S.: don't blame for my english...
>
> You really don't want me to try to respond in Italian ;)

Try, we can share some fun! :p

--
cheers
Alessandro