Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:21:57 -0700

Kai Hofmann wrote:

Do you have thought about the very big performance lost by using the
XML/XSLT?
This will be much bigger than adding phpDocumentor tags to the source code I
think ;-)

I have another question here (sorry for it - maybe I haven't seen discussion
from 2002 or so):

what about the compatibility for people that run phpgroupware by a provider?
I think not each provider will have php compiled with xslt support.
Its a concern, but we need to at some point make requirements. For example, LOTS of providers still run PHP3. I know xslt is more problematic to have supported, but we need to decide the tradeoffs.

Also my
personal (privat) provider
has a processing time limit - that might be broken by using eTemplates.
etemplates is not part of the api. its a seperate deal and used by a couple of the apps. So if it causes problems, then consider those apps non-working.

Dan