RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] TemplateEngine Question/Proposal
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:56:54 +0200

Hi Ralf,

> I necessary requirement is, that the used template engine
> delivers its content to the main xslt-engine.

I see no problem to do this with the phplib-template engine.

> That's not the way the XSLT engine works:
> - you deliver the content as xml or a php-array
> - you name one or more xslt-templates
> - Sablotron processes them to eg. HTML
> That means the phplib-templates are not used in that process and it
> would and it makes no sense at all to use them with XSLT

I see the phplib template engine not for XSLT - but for construction of the
XML code that will be delivered to sablotron along with the XSLT.

Also I have another question (you will kill me for it ;-):

Do you have thought about the very big performance lost by using the
XML/XSLT?
This will be much bigger than adding phpDocumentor tags to the source code I
think ;-)

I like XML and the flexibility that came from XSL(T), but this is (for me)
not comparable with things like using tabs instead of spaces and avoiding
inline docs.

Greetings

   Kai

--
*****    Open Source und Linux im professionellen Einsatz    *****
**  komplexe Mailserver, Groupware, Office: sprechen Sie uns an **