Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Do

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Documentor
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:02:43 +1000

David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:

> I totally agree with what Dan has written here.  I think that the
> phpgw
> community has got off on the wrong foot with these guys through a
> number of
> misunderstandings.  This sort of miscommunication happens all the
> time in
> written communication due to the lack of the non-verbal aspects of
> communication (and with english not been a first language it can
> make it even
> harder).

This may be the case, but there has also been other discussions had off
list.

> Personally, I see Probiz and other commercial companies as been
> incredibly
> important to phpgw and embracing these companies will cause phpgw
> to develop
> into something much bigger and better than what can be achieved
> without.

I have no issue with businesses being involved in the phpgw - as you
know I encourage it.

> The
> more full-time paid developers etc that we have working on phpgw
> the better -
> and if these developers are self-employed individuals, volunteers,
> or
> developers working for a commerical organisation then who really
> cares.

I don't care if people are paid for their contributions or not.

> With
> the one proviso, that all copyrights are assigned to FSF and all
> CVS commits
> are stuff the community wants.

Yes, I agree, but deciding to work on the API when you have demonstrated
a lack of knowledge, then expecting automatic commit acess to the API is
not real smart in my book.

> Probiz seem to be happy with both
> of these
> points and so I can't see what the problem is - in fact I can't
> see why we
> are not cheering them on! :)

If we were pulling in the same direction then I would cheering them on.