Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Do

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: Standard source code header and php Documentor
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:52:25 +1000

Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> >Stallman repeats over an over "Free as in Freedom, not as in beer".
> >

> Where is this mythical land of free beer and how do I get there?

This is when you have the office xmas party and the boss buys 2 bottles
of beer to share between 20 people - then he realises that he is not
jesus and his attempt to do the loaves and fishes with beer does quite
work out ;)

btw sorry if I offended anyones religious beleifs.

> (in other words, what the heck is this supposed to really mean?  I
> hear it all the
> time.)

Ok, here is the more serious explanation:

Free as in Freedom
You are free to do with it what you like - as long as you stick to the
licensing terms.

Free as in free beer
Something for nothing.  The free does not refer to the price.

Hope this helps