Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Chat

From: Bob Crandell
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Chat
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:58:36 +0000

Winpopup has to be open if you're going to get any messages too, so that's to be
understood.

Now that I think about it though, Notify knows about new messages because it
goes
and looks for them.  What a Chat popup would need is the ability to push an
event to
a client and that's what can't be done (?) Yes?  No?

With Notify a chatter would have to wait something like 2 or 3 minutes for the
chatty to know that there is a chatting event wanting to take place.

Anyway food for thought.