Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] 2 problems with 9.16

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] 2 problems with 9.16
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:05:39 +0000

Kevin Scott (address@hidden) wrote:

>Sending these to the list cuz there's no bug group for 9.16
>If this is premature let me know.
>
>apache 1.26

1.2x?  wow that's dangerously old... maybe you have 1.36 instead?

>1. link to Registration generates this error:
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in
>/usr/local/www/data/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.sessions.inc.php on line 71

registration used ot be a real hack job, not sure if the planned work to it has
been
done yet.

>2.  email doesn't work on the first install
>I followed the install process to the letter, configured imap for "localhost"
>recvd error - to paraphrase, could not open stream check username/passwd
>I went back to setup - uninstalled email , installed email, logged in, didn't
>change
>any settings and now it works. This is the fourth time I've seen this
>behaviour as
>I've wiped out and restarted from scratch 4 times with 9.16 for various
>reasons.

did you use localhost on the second round too?  i've had problems using
localhost
with UWash imap server, best to use the hostname or ip.
also try the latest from http://anglemail.org/files/, it's planned to be ported
in
to replace email before the release.