SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] SQL Style Guide available

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] SQL Style Guide available
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:14:44 +0200

For some tables I need control of the ID's (like starting new series at
some (not fixed) date in January each year), and/or integration with
other systems.
What are the opinion of using a function to produce the next ID (for
some tables) - rather than auto_increment? I have noticed that there is
a table 'phpgw_nextid' indicating that this at some stage has been an
option.

Sigurd