[Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP auth troubleshooting...

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] LDAP auth troubleshooting...
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:28:17 -0700

I'm trying to produce some log output in my troubleshooting efforts.  I've
added the lines starting with $GLOBALS in the following code snippet (from
function authenticate($username, $passwd) in
phpgwapi/inc/class.auth_ldap.inc.php):

-------------------- 8< ---------------------------

                    /* try to bind as the user with user suplied password */
                                if (@ldap_bind($ldap, $userDN, $passwd))
                                {
                                $GLOBALS['phpgw']->log->message('Trying to
bind as the user with user suplied password');
                                $GLOBALS['phpgw']->log->commit();

                                        return True;
                                }
----------------------- 8< ------------------------

And ended up with the following unexpected error:

------------------ 8< --------------------------

Database error: Invalid SQL: insert into phpgw_log (log_date, log_user,
log_app, log_severity) values ('2003-03-26 11:10:19-00','','login','E')
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length string )

File:
/mnt/hda7/www/phpgroupware-0.9.14.002/phpgwapi/inc/class.errorlog.inc.php
Line: 115

Session halted.

What have I done wrong?  Is there a better way to produce the desired output
I'm looking for?  I need like the messages either outputed to the screen or
to a log file someplace.  Doesn't matter which, I just need to see them.

Please forgive my ignorance of php and phpgwapi troubleshooting techniques.  I
wasn't able to find any tips/howtos.  Are such resources available?  Links?

...Izzy