[Phpgroupware-developers] ldap auth troubleshooting...

From: Izzy Blacklock
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap auth troubleshooting...
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:01:42 -0700

Well, I'm trying to get to the bottom of my ldap authentication problems.  I'm
looking through the phpgwapi/inc/class.auth_ldap.inc.php source file as per
Lars suggestion (actually he suggested class.authentication_ldap.inc.php but
I think this is what he meant).  I see the following at the top:

--------------- 8< ----------------------

               function authenticate($username, $passwd)
                {
                        /*
                        error_reporting MUST be set to zero, otherwise you'll
get nasty LDAP errors
 with a bad login/pass...
                        these are just "warnings" and can be ignored.....
                        */
                        error_reporting(0);

Could changing the error_reporting(0); value help my debugging efforts?  What
values are valid/suggested?

...Izzy