Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroup infolog & email doing weird thing

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroup infolog & email doing weird things
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:15:59 +0000

alex (address@hidden) wrote*:
>- Email only appears to work if I put a pop3s service on the server. Imap
>appears to have problems (a.o complaining about a self-signed certificate,
>at least that is what the message said when I try to connect to the server
>using pine instead of the email client). Has anyone solved this yet?

is plain IMAP and pop3 enabled on the mail server?  And do you have the php_imap
packages installed and loaded in your php.ini?  php3 will work without it but
IMAP
will only act like it wants to work.  If you do have php3s and imaps enabled and
try to use it with a an invalider cert then it is going to fail.

>- I rather use felamail instead of email. However, felamail only works
>with IMAP it appears, and won't work because of the problem mentioned in
>question2. However the most important option for us is the ability to have
>FOLDERS. With the normal email module and using POP3 there are no folders
>at all! Is this expected?

felami has it's own imap module that's not as flexable as the default emails.
It
sounds like you need to redo your cert on the server or something.  POP3 doesn't
support folders.  In the future there might be a module to allow using a sql
database as a data store for email and then be able to pul pop3 emails into
that,
but it's not even on the drawing table, just something that could be done.