[Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroup infolog & email doing weird things

From: alex
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroup infolog & email doing weird things
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:06:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

We are trying the implement phpgroup for our small company
and I have 3 questions:

- infolog (which appears to be a really handy module) is refusing to add
any cards to the database and is also unable to read the Address book: it
is talking to the server but appears to time-out once it is trying to
resolve the search string for the address. The question is: is infolog
supposed to work? If so, what am I doing wrong?

- Email only appears to work if I put a pop3s service on the server. Imap
appears to have problems (a.o complaining about a self-signed certificate,
at least that is what the message said when I try to connect to the server
using pine instead of the email client). Has anyone solved this yet?

- I rather use felamail instead of email. However, felamail only works
with IMAP it appears, and won't work because of the problem mentioned in
question2. However the most important option for us is the ability to have
FOLDERS. With the normal email module and using POP3 there are no folders
at all! Is this expected?

System: Redhat7.3, Redhat imap/pop3 server, phpgroupware: checked out
stable patched release with CVS. (normal distribution had same problems)

Many thanks,

Alex