[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: SiteMgr (php session) errors when refresh

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: SiteMgr (php session) errors when refresh web page.
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 00:09:48 -0500

I change to the developers list since it seems more appropriate
"Chris Weiss" <address@hidden> a écrit:

> now that I think about it, i've been loged on 2 times from different places
> before
> so this shouldn't be a problem.  Maybe it's related to using php4 sessions?
> try
> using the db sessions and see what it does.
>
> Chris Weiss (address@hidden) wrote*:
>>
>>this makes a lot of sense since all anonomous users will be under the same
>>phpgw
>>account.  Can it be forced to not verify the ip only for the one "public"
>>user?

you are right, different users logged in from different places should
not be a problem, since they have different sessions, phpgroupware
only verifies if the IP has changed during the same session.
The problem in sitemgr-site lies elsewhere. It does not use the same code
to check the session as a standard phpgw module does, and something
therein seems to get wrong in certain cases. I'd really appreciate the
comment of somebody more familiar with the way phpgw handles
session. There is one symptom that might give a clue to somebody. The
error warning the user reported about and the one I had observed both
concerned a non-existing crypto object.

Michael