Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Again on packages.

From: Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Again on packages.
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:42:00 +0200

Hi Miles,

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 03:35:04PM -0500, Miles Lott wrote:
> If you are moving files, where are you moving them?  I am seeing cases
> where you delete but do not re-add the new location.

I noticed that, in fact, i did not committed all the files correctly.
There were something wrong im my scripts, sorry. I'll fix it ASAP. Files are
still not irreversibly lost.

Please let me know if you are aware of files no more available, that i've not
committed.

> Now, for my opinion.  I am not interested in any work that is done on such a
> massive scale only to benefit one distribution of one OS.  Beyond that,
> organization is cool.  Also, it might be better to actually discuss and
> obtain a sense of approval prior to actually working on things.

If you refer to my last changes, i'm sure i've asked for comments; i waitead
(what i considered) an appropriate amount of time and, since no one objected,
i applied the changes i planned.

For what concern the modules name, my last mail was just a question.

Just to be clear, i understand the fact that you are not interested such a
kind of works, and that an issue about modules names may seems futile, but it
begins to be a chelleng when you have to manage the distribution of 40 (more
or less) packages. At this point you need to automate the more you can, and
even a name rule can reduce your code.

BTW, I'm going to commit a new module on the cvs which will provides 2
scripts.

The first will generate 6 kind of packages (.deb .rpm .tgz .slp
.tar.gz .tar.bz2) for _ALL_ the modules. I whish i could build windows package
too, but it seems that windows people have to wait longer.  Just to say it
all, this script could generate Solaris .pkg too if only i have all the
appropriate toosl.

The second will provide a lint checker to test the consistency of all
the other modules. Its modularity will let us to add and remove test as we see
fit. I've provided some test to begin with.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have