pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] Programming from the Ground Up, Ch 3

From: Roger
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] Programming from the Ground Up, Ch 3
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:19:57 -0800

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 05:25:46PM +0200, Nicolai von Neudeck wrote:
>Hi Amanda,
>
>nice to hear from you. You are not the only one who has this problem.
>A lot of fonts are designed with readers and writers of text for
>natural human languages in mind. But there are fonts that are
>specialized for programmer's needs.
>For example to make the lowercase L and the 1 easy to distinguish.
>Maybe you want to use one of these fonts in your editor?
>A good and free one (freedom and beer) is for example Inconsolata.
>http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Inconsolata

Another really good font offered by many Linux distros and preferred by
programmers is "DejaVu Sans Mono".

Prior to this, I also used Bitstream's Vera Sans Mono.

Using rxvt/urxvt terminal:
-fn "xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:size=12"

Or:
-fn "xft:Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=13"

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/