partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] the logic of receiving a 2XX response???

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] the logic of receiving a 2XX response???
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:51:55 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Roland Zheng wrote:

> Hello friends,

>   I have figured out how a incoming SIP request is processed through
> all the module. but still some confusion with incoming response. from
> my understanding according to the code, a incoming response will be
> handle by funs like psp_core_cb_rcv2xx, but there is no further
> process in these functions except wakup stp module.

you mean the sfp module is waken up?
When the sfp module is waken up, it simply take a look
at all current transactions and take the actions that needs
to be done for each of these: like forwarding the response
and so on.

> So how all the modules get the incoming response event?

I Loop and check the status of all transactions found in all psp_req_t
elements and its related SIP "branch" through a state machine. From
the state of those ones, I take some actions.

It's not usefull to take any actions in the osip callbacks as the
transaction itself has not enough information. In partysip, each
layer (SIP transaction layer and the real core) are separated.

>   another question: could you kindly give me any logic views about
> module uap and sfp? what are they mainly for?

too much to say...

uap handles requests that terminates on the proxy. sfp handles requests
that are forwarded. In later versions, I plan to merge both as it's not
that usefull to have them. The sfp is already able to answer with a bad
request code. I guess you have already notice this.

Come back with more specific questions.

Aymeric