partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Running Partysip with MSN messenger

From: Tim Na
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Running Partysip with MSN messenger
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:37:57 +0900

Hi,

I used MSN messenger 4.6 in Communication Service mode.
Partysip is running in Solaris 7 box.
Me and my co-worker successfully registered to partysip and
we both were able to see each other in the MSN window.
But when I tried to chat with him, partysip failed with bus error.
Anybody has same problem here??

When I gdbed core file, amazingly it was at the port_malloc.c: 40
where it only says "value= malloc(size);" where the size is 506....
I wonder how this can cause bus error.... There is no null pointer... :-(
The real function that it happened is as follow...
malloc() => _malloc_unlocked() => cleanfree() => realfree()

Any comments?