partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] How to Configure as proxy server

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] How to Configure as proxy server
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:19:51 +0200 (CEST)

As there is no interface to watch users inforamtion, it's not easy
to debug your situation. Getting the REGISTER, 200 OK and at least
the  INVITE would make it easier.
Anyway, see my comments

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Vishal Jain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have compiled partysip-0.4.4 for Linux. How can I configure
> it as a sip proxy to send all requests to other sip server in
> the network? I tried setting mode to "proxy" from stateless.

A plugin will be dedicated to this action: some rules
wil be given and an answer code would be given in case that
rules match. This plugin does not yet exist.
If you'd like to work on this feature, this is a light job?

Another way to achieve this behavior is to use a pre existing
Route-Set ("Route" header) so the proxy will use it instead of
using the request uri to forward the user.
This is possible but the UA must support it and it is not often
the case for SIP phones...

> But that don't work. At now it registers all users that connect
> to it but the users don't see each other even if they have subscribed.

When you are inviting a user, the value (IP or FQDN) in the request URI
of the INVITE must be the same than the one that was in the to header
of the registration.

If it's not the case, you'll get 404 Not found.
Aymeric